Wednesday, November 09, 2005

On Wedding Colors...Again?!?

Ok, before you hit me with a broom...You have to hear my side. I have been in so much confusion, yes even after my previous post AND have had sleepless nights (ok, i may be exaggerating on this one) BUT, i have changed my wedding color once again.

Yes, from Shades of Purple, to Red, to Orange & Pink, to Tiffany Blue, to Monochromatic Aqua/Turquoise...now it's Fuschia & Orange with a hint of Caramel.

I've always thought that Pink & Orange would look gorgeous in summer. These citrus shades would make our summer wedding more vibrant & festive. So when I showed this the first time to Randy, my mom, and some of my female entourage, they didn't like it. So turquoise it was.

But for some reason, I felt that something's wrong and that although Turquoise is a lovely color, I am somehow not yet sold. So after searching the net, I found Leslie's (a fellow
w@wie ) pictures with her bridesmaids.

I also saw this picture of my friends, Dojie & Elaine Hipolito and I am really amazed on how these colors register well in pictures!

Here's another one I found while surfing the net. It's a Jim Hjelm bridesmaid's dress.




Armed with lovely pictures, I showed Randy and then e-mailed them to my mom. And guess what? They liked it! I e-mailed Veluz, my designer and told her I have changed my wedding colors. She then made me feel happier (& prouder) when she said that Blue, actually, doesn't go well with barong. Blue is a cool shade while a barong being a beige-y/off white-ish shade is a warm tone. Having Orange & Fuschia is a good choice since both are very warm colors. To lessen the brightness/intensity of these two colors, Veluz said adding a hint of Caramel as an accent color is essential. She said it would be nice...promise daw!

if you notice, I started using orange font too. I can't find the right shade of pink-- that's why!

So they you go...til the next color choice. hehehe. I hope not!


4 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

hi edrei!

that's what Veluz also advised me. we also wanted a turquoise motif but she said it doesn't go well with piƱa. and so, we have wine red, shades of orange (rust, melon and pomelo) and gold. dami noh? hehe... :)

happy preps!

3:55 PM  
Blogger shellybeeens said...

hi edrei. thanks for dropping by my site. and thanks for the link. i still don't remember who made that dress. btw, i love your colors.

4:53 PM  
Blogger edrei said...

shelly: i'll try to look for it... i know i saved the picture of that a similar junior bridesmaid dress. i'll let you know. btw, i'll link u up ha?

leah: nice colors! oo nga, ang dami..but i'm sure it will be nice because those are rich colors!

11:22 PM  
Blogger shellybeeens said...

hi edrei,
thanks again for the link. yes, link me up. i'll link you , too. ok??

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter

Powered by Blogger

WeddingsAtWork.com