Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Wedding Motiff

I have a confession to make.

Since Randy's proposal (which was 7 months ago), I have been so fickle-minded with the colors that we will incorporate in our wedding. Seriously, I pity Randy everytime I tell him, "Hon, what if we change the motiff to..." because he gets more confused!

I've always dreamt of "my" wedding motiff to be purple. Well, not really purple-purple, but more of plum or deep merlot because of its richness and elegance, plus purple has been my favorite color.


However, I was told that deep colors like plum, or burgundy, don't register good in pictures. Ok, so maybe victorian lilac? It's like a smoky lavender. But I've been to 3 weddings with that kind of motiff.



Then there's the issue of BLUE with Randy. Well, I totally agree that I don't want "our" wedding to be too girly, so pink is really out. Randy is a True-Blue-Blooded Atenean. So that anwers the "why blue?" question. I am also a Scholastican (& a Paulinian, which by the way, the school color is green & gold) so Blue is a great compromise. However, we do not want to the Midnight Blue as once again, it's a dark tone and it won't register well in pictures.

Green is a lovely color...sage, celery, celadon. Nice! BUT we cannot use that since shempre, alaskado naman si Randy, di ba? Hahahaha! He said any color but green.

I would love to use Orange & Salmon (or Pink) since it would look gorgeous in our summer wedding. Ang ganda talaga! But, no one agreed with me. Boohoo!

So we go back to BLUE, and one day I came across this flower girl dress in Tiffany Blue & White and I found it very cute! Malamig sa mata and will look good in summer (which reminds me of the clear sky & the beach).

Now, all I have to do is make sure the entourage will not look like Mama Mary! (Sorry po, pero kasi yan ang sabi ng mommy ko..hehehe).

I've searched the net and found these fabric swatches that are close to what I want: Monochromatic Aqua Blue (Light Aqua, Tiffany Blue, Turquoise)





These last four colors are our favorite mainly because of this gown.

(A picture of my high school batchmate. Imee if you see this, I'm so sorry if I posted this, pero I really like your gown for my entourage!)



So what do you think? Maybe you can help me out with my wedding color dilemma. I want sana to incorporate all 4 colors, sort of like bridesmaids will wear one shade while the junior bridemaids will wear another shade. Haaay, Sa color pa lang, i'm so confused na. What more pa kaya with the rest of the preps? *Sigh*

4 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

hi edrei! i love the shades of aqua!!! this was our original motiff but since our wedding falls on december, we thought of more bright colors. suggest din ni veluz na di rin bagay ang blue sa piƱa gown ko. :( oh well! glad you're ok na with your color motif. happy preps!

8:00 AM  
Blogger edrei said...

hi leah! naku, sabi ni veluz nde bagay ang blue sa pina gown? oh no, my gown's pina too. how now brown cow? hehehe.

i hope i'm ok na with my motiff. hahaha, i still have a long way to go. baka next week iba nanaman. haaay...

happy preps to you too!

4:45 PM  
Blogger Marj and Carlos said...

How about blue and gold? I've seen combinations of it and it looks fantastic!

7:05 PM  
Blogger edrei said...

marj, when you say gold, is it gold as in shiny gold, matte gold or yellow gold?

when you say blue, wt kind of blue naman? do you have pictures?

2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter

Powered by Blogger

WeddingsAtWork.com