Wednesday, November 09, 2005

How We Met: Edrei's Version

I've always known that there is a "Randy Soriano" in SF Days with the Lord, but I've never met the guy. I met Randy the first time in a party back in October 2001 but he never noticed me (and he would tell you he doesn't remember) because he was in a relationship at that time.

After a year (2002), we met again, same place, same party, same celebrant...this time he was alone. I, on the otherhand, was single but not looking at that time. I saw him again a month after but I was not paying much attention.

The next time I saw Randy was at Stef's Bar in downtown SF around March 2003 . It was a SF Days with the Lord Fundraiser. Someone told me in passing that Randy was asking if I have a boyfriend. Since then my girlfriends would tease me everytime we'd see him. Unfortunately, he was semi-kinda-sorta in the dating scene.

The end of all the "once a year meetings" and the beginning of the many days together was during the Holy Thursday of 2003, when the Days with the Lord had the annual Visita Iglesia. I hitched a ride from Maybelle (a good friend of mine & one of my bridemaids) that night. After the mass (our first church), Randy asked me if I drove, and I said no and that Maybelle picked me up. I asked why. He said he was wondering if there's someone who can ride with him since we're doing a convoy going to the churches. I volunteered our friend George. After our second church visit, Maybelle & George had this brilliant idea. For some reason, I just heard them saying that George needs to talk to Belle and that he will ride with her and that I should ride with Randy.

I guess you can say that it was the start of our constant journey together. Since that year, we have been doing our Visita Iglesia and hope to do many more together as husband and wife.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter

Powered by Blogger

WeddingsAtWork.com