Saturday, August 13, 2005

Finally, 07.07.06!

this morning, i called all saint's church to find out if we can change our wedding date from august to july 8th 2006. i explained the situation to fr. carl (that my ate steph is getting married on july 1st and that we want to get married the following weekend so that it will be convenient & practical for our relatives especially from out of town -- mostly from the east coast). fr. carl said he'd check the master calendar and would call me back, however, suggested to think about having a friday wedding, too...just in case.

i called my mom and ask her how would a friday wedding sound like? if you will ask why i called my mom instead of randy, well, randy's at work and he calls during his break and it was too early to bug him so i called my mom. first my mom said, "bakit?" and so i explained to her. (refer to side kwento below for explanation).

after a few minutes, my cellphone rang and it was fr. carl! ang bilis ha! i was crossing my finger that something will be available. well, there is actually, but it's at 10am of july 8th. the 12 nn is pencilbooked for a quinceniera and the 2pm which is my preference is already reserved. friday the 7th is very free though. i agreed to pencil book our wedding for 5pm of friday the 7th! he then scheduled an interview/meeting with us on august 25th. my gosh! i hung up after i said goodbye to fr. carl & was so excited!

randy called and i told him about it..shempre he got excited too. for weeks now, he's been upset because the church has not called yet. yun pala may dahilan kasi we will have our wedding date move to an earlier one.

i called rose, one of my bridesmaids, who will be going to manila in july next year for her parents' 50th wedding anniversay just to make sure she knows that our wedding will be before she leaves for manila. initially, she said they will just leave early july and come back after the 50th wedding anniversary celebration in time for my august wedding. she said my 07.07.06 is even better that way everything will be done before they leave and that they can spend their 3rd wedding anniversary (august 16th) in the philippines.

i also called my youngest sister Maecy to tell her. My other sister Micah (the one next to me) was at work so i couldn't talk to her. I have to tell them, of course, since they are my Maids of Honor!

Tomorrow, i will contact Ate Kaye, Jaziel, Maybelle & Cha...my bridesmaids.

Finally, 07.07.06!

*Side Kwento:
My cousin Ate Steph & Kit are also getting married next year. They wanted to get married in June while Randy & I wanted August. Then, she moved her wedding date to July 1st because all saturdays of June in her choice of church were booked already. I asked her if it's ok with her if we get married the following week. My reason is so that our relatives will not have a hard time flying to Cali for her wedding then fly back to the east coast, then fly again to Cali for my wedding the following month. Too expensive for their part & besides it's not really easy to take off from work. So she said it's fine with her and she liked the idea. We can actually plan something for our relatives during the week after her wedding/or before my wedding..since it's 4th of july!!! nice!!!

i also asked her if she would still like to be one of my bridesmaids, she said yes but she can't help me obviously. i said it's ok, i just want her to be part of my bridal party. i like her, we were playmates before they moved to US when she was 4 (and i was 3). she taught me the alphabet song (up to the ceiling...) that she learned from school since i was not yet schooling back then. she's nurse now and when i had my kidney transplant last november, she called her friends from UCSF where she used to work and where i will have my transplant and told them to take care of me. she's friends with my kidney transplant surgeon and was e-mailing him before & after my transplant to make sure everything is ok. that's why i want her to be one of my bridesmaids along my my other cousins Ate Kaye (my best cousin), Jaziel (my little cousin), Cha (my bestfriend in manila since HS), Maybelle (good friend & rector in SF Days), and Rose (my good friend and kumare here in US).


*Side Kwento Part 2
My mom asked me why I was considering a friday wedding so I told her all the pros:
*easier to book for a venue on fridays & sundays
*cheaper deals on fridays & sundays since saturdays are in demand
*church has nothing scheduled on fridays so i can choose whatever time i want, in my case, i want a late afternoon wedding.
*if we start the wedding on a late afternoon, there will be no lull time for guests to wonder what they will do between church & reception; short time needed for photographers and videographers, and since they charge by the hour, it ill be a lot cheaper. i can probably get their 6hour package instead of the 10hour one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter

Powered by Blogger

WeddingsAtWork.com