Sunday, August 14, 2005

And then there's Veluz...






















I've had these sketches made by Veluz Reyes for a few months now, just around the time when our computer crashed. When we're able to finally fix it, i had to look for them but i felt stupid because it was in my yahoo!photos all along.

  • Sketch A - corset bodice with spaghetti straps with V-shaped boning on center front. Detachable sleeves and panuelo to complete the filipiniana look. A-line skirt. Optional shrug or bolero for the reception. Detachable fully embroidered train, main gown will have a short sweep.
  • Sketch B - very similar to sketch A but the corset will be straight instead of V-shape. Main gown will have a low square neckline with shoulderline straps, not spaghetti straps like in A.
  • Sketch C - still detachable panuelo and sleeves. Main gown with straight skirt. "Medyo oriental and dating, retro, very actually", Veluz said. No more sweep on the main gown and once train is removed, will look like an evening gown. A shawl can be worn during reception.

I showed it to Randy and as expected, he couldn't visualize the sketch. Malabo daw...eh kaya nga sketch lang eh. hahaha! I showed him the description and the more he got confused. can't understand daw yung mga "bodice", "corset", "sweep", "panuelo", etc. It's so funny.

I showed it to my mom & 2 sisters (Micah & Maecy) who will be my MOH, and we all decided we like Sketch A. Mainly because of the V-shaped bodice which, i read it one of the bridal magazines i have, will elongate my body. I just e-mailed Veluz that I want additonal beading in front by the calfline. Veluz said she personally likes Sketch A too!

And after seeing the sketches, mom asked me, "so anak, nasaan na ang sketch ng gown ko?". hahahaha! nakakatuwa naman because she's very excited and supportive.

Even though i've already told Veluz that i like A, comments & suggestions are still welcome. So what do you think? A, B, or C?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter

Powered by Blogger

WeddingsAtWork.com